Thursday, April 24, 2008

Writing at The Ridge...


I’ve been on the “dark side of the moon” for two days. I went to our little house in the Blue Ridge Mountains to rest and to write. I always need to rest a bit after our weekend programs. But the writing is a whole new piece in the quilt. I had hoped to blog from The Ridge, but I couldn’t get a wireless signal there. It was probably best as I had some serious work to accomplish in that time. Lord knows, I love this blogging business. But sheer terror can do a lot for a person when the crunch is on!


I am giving a retreat this weekend to single Catholic women who annually gather at Dominican Retreat House to celebrate the gift of single life to the Church. These wonderful women are single...and HAPPY. I am excited by the prospect of spending the weekend with these faithful women. I am puzzled by the lack of attention the single vocation receives in our society and Church. I hope, by the end of the weekend, I will be able to give this group something of God’s deep love for them. I ask your prayers as I continue my final preparations. (OK, I’m nervous. I’ve never done a whole weekend before. Day retreat, yes. But not a whole weekend. And, to add to the anxiety, the community will be paid for this ministry. I hardly ever get to bring Sister Henry Marie a paycheck. I really want to give Dominican Retreat House they’re “money’s worth.”) So…instead of a lengthy blog filled with the weird little thoughts in my soul, I will give you a guided tour of The Ridge – our monastic get-away house. Enjoy…

Blessings and love to you all…
- Sister Vicki

http://www.sisterbloggers.blogspot.com/