Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Top Chef" Cincinnati...


Greetings, friends… I’ve just returned from a three-day trip to Cincinnati, OH – home of one of our WID’s (women in discernment.) The “family visit” is a wonderful part of my job. As a candidate becomes more serious in her interest in our life and considers entering our community, it is customary for the Vocation Director to meet the parents (or children, depending.) It is always wonderful to see someone in their “natural environment” – the family. And, hopefully, it gives the family a sense of who we are as Benedictine Sisters. Hopefully, when a family meets one of us, they begin to see their child or parent as part of this larger thing – monastic community. It is always an opportunity to ask questions, give voice to some fears and grow in mutual relationship. I am grateful for the hospitality I received. Here are some of the great tastes of Cincinnati. I ESPECIALLY loved the 4-way chili! “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing!”

Blessings and love to you all…

- Sister Vicki