Monday, June 2, 2008

No place like it...


I am home at the monastery for THREE WHOLE WEEKS! Clearly, I am happy about that fact. I found myself beginning to cry before Morning Prayer – NOT because it was 6:00 am, but because I was HOME – praying with a big circle-full of sisters. One great grace of living on mission is realizing just how much our common life means to me. A three-week dose of the monastery is just what I need to regroup and renew my own promise of stability. Last night I called the convent in Richmond because I missed the sisters I’ve been living with for the last nine months. But there is something about this place that speaks a new word to my heart. I took a walk this afternoon to nurture my friendship with these acres. I hope you enjoy the beauty of Bristow.

Blessings and love to you all…

- Sister Vicki

PS – If you’d like to reach me by e-mail, I’d love to hear from you. vocations@osbva.org