Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Year of Blogging Dangerously...

It's been just over a year since I started this vocation blog. It began just before Sister Veronica and I left for Rome. When we returned I gave the site a little face lift and created an automatic forward to the prioress. Whenever I post, Sister Cecilia gets an instant link via e-mail. (So far, I haven't written anything we've had to retract. Whew!) This morning I felt the winds of change blowing again and played with the colors and layout for a third time. If I need a change, perhaps you all need one as well.

Writing a blog is an adventure. There are many people who "know" me now - people I have never met. I have had phone conversations with strangers who are struggling in their faith journey. These have been precious encounters with grace. They are no longer strangers, but friends. I have heard some heartbreaking stories and seen the hand of GOD carving out a path of protection. I have prayed for and with them. And, I have been blessed by their gracious words and the honesty of their searching. I will be meeting a new "friend" next week for coffee and some soul-stretching conversation. While I am not a trained spiritual director or therapist, I come with a listening heart. The paths that have crossed mine are most certainly GOD's gift to me.

Although I began this blog as an effort to stay in touch with women who are in discernment with our community, it has become something more. It is a place of meeting...a journal for my wonderings...a ministry of sorts. I am grateful to all of you who faithfully "visit" me here. I feel we often walk together - bound in some mysterious way by the Word who continues to speak peace and risen love into our world. I remain a monastic on the journey...and invite you to share the graces of this new year in the life of our monastic community.

Blessings and love to you all...

- Sister Vicki