Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sister got some air...


Friends,

I neglected to tell you that I'd be "off the grid" for a few days. I left Bristow on Thursday morning at 4 AM, with Robin who will enter our monastery in September. One of the great graces of this ministry is getting to meet the family of our candidates and be the "first face" of Bristow. I am with Robin's family in Dadeville, Alabama. It took us 13.5 hours door-door, but the journey went smoothly. Robin's family has a house on Lake Martin - a huge, man-made body of fresh water. Yesterday, (and I have witnesses,) I got on a BIG innertube tied to the back of a Jet Ski. It only went 23 MPH, but it felt like 40. I got tossed twice. I LOVED it! I am sore today from hanging on for dear life. But it was worth it. I bounced, I bumped and I soared through the air - hence, the new expression I learned. I definitley "got some air!" I'll be back in the office on Tuesday, 6/30. I promise to come home in one piece.


Blessings and love,

- Sister Vicki