Thursday, November 5, 2009

Off-line and just plain off...


Our web host is down today. Actually, it crashed early this am as I was just opening my e-mail. I have been unable to read my mail or answer it today. Normally, this would put me through the roof. I am proud to say that I have taken this bummer and turned it into an opportunity. I know. My sisters at home will hardly believe that my BP is 90/60 and my countenance bears a smile. I can hardly believe it myself. Grace abounds!


Instead of spending a good chunk of this day on e-mail, I made use of other technologies. I was able to declare my sorry state on my Facebook wall - hopefully, preventing folks from thinking me rude or uninterested. Then, I worked on the vocation account and organized receipts galore to take home tomorrow. I cleaned out the standing file on my desk and shredded a ream or two. I sent a letter - the old-fashioned way. And, I spent a little extra time in the Faculty Room at lunch.


It's nearly 2:30 PM and I'm still in a good mood. If I were my sisters I'd be thinking alien abduction by now. Still, this is me today. Who knows if I'll be as jolly tomorrow if the problem on their end isn't fixed. But today I'm in good shape by grace, no doubt. Maybe, I'll leave the office a little early and start baking cakes for the Feast of Saint Gertrude? Who am I?

Blessings and love to you all...
- Sister Vicki