Thursday, January 24, 2008

On Friday...



When I left on January 1st, I knew that both my Dad and my brother, Andrew, would be having surgery sometime in January. I didn't know they would be scheduled for the very same day. I ask your prayers for both of them on Friday, 1/25. Hopefully, all shall be well...

Our cohort has tickets to pray Vespers with the Holy Father tomorrow in the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls - the site of the Apostle's tomb. It is significant as tomorrow is the celebration of the Conversion of St. Paul (A blinding light, thrown from his horse, "Saul, Saul why do you persecute me?" - sound familiar?) It is a wonderful illustration of the power of grace at work in even the most lost among us. The painting above is called, St. Paul - After Caravaggio, by Wayne Forte.

The thirty-five of us will leave at 2:30 PM and travel by train and Metro. We have to arrive early for security purposes. Father Gregory told us yesterday to bundle up. There is no heat in the basilica and worshipers sit on long, marble slabs. Layers and long-john's, I think. I won't be able to blog tomorrow because of this prayer-pilgrimage. Look for me on Saturday and, hopefully, I'll have good news to share and much to tell of our prayer with Pope Benedict. Until then, please hold my family in your prayers. And, know that I'm grateful for that gift. Love to you all... - Sister Vicki