Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Things I love about the monastery...


I’m at the monastery until Wednesday morning. I expected to be in a planning meeting all day today, but our work went so well yesterday that we finished our agenda. So, I am left with this day – a gift from GOD, to be sure.

Morning Prayer here just feels so right. I closed my eyes to really listen to my sisters’ sing. In LENT we keep silence through breakfast. The prioress is reading to us from Michael Casey’s book, Strangers to the City. After breakfast I decided to take a walk in the chilly morning air and watch the sunrise. My heart is filled with gratitude this morning for all the things I love about Bristow and graciousness of the GOD who gave me a “snow day” in springtime.

Blessings and love to you all…

- Sister Vicki
PS - I'll be "blogging" Monday - Friday, unless I am without internet access.