Friday, March 14, 2008

Vocation Retreat Weekend...


I am late today - VERY late, actually. But, Sister has an excuse. We are expecting six women to join us for a weekend of retreat. The program is vocation-based, but really grounded in the liturgical milieu of Passion Sunday and Holy Week. One of our guests arrived on the first flight into Richmond International Airport this morning. From there we headed north to the monastery. So, after attending to some important errands for the program, Midday Prayer and lunch with the community, I am finally settled in the other Vocation Office.

The theme of our retreat is "Monastic Life - Embracing the Paschal Mystery." I'm excited... These weekends are one of my very favorite things about vocation ministry. The women who visit us bless us with their presence. We are all changed in someway by one another in the short span of 48 hours. And, I always have the sense that GOD is very active when we allow ourselves the time to listen. I ask you to keep our retreatants and the Vocation TEAM in prayer this weekend. Gotta go...things to do...it's all in the details!

Blessings and love...
- Sister Vicki