Monday, April 28, 2008

Their lamps are burning bright...


My weekend at Dominican Retreat House was special, indeed. The twelve women who came to celebrate the spirituality of the single vocation touched me deeply with their faith and perseverance. As we journeyed through the weekend together, stories were shared and reverenced. By grace we became sisters if only for a weekend. Those beautiful faces hover in my heart today and I thank God for the moments of grace I experienced with them.

I like this retreat thing…more than I thought I would. Somewhere along the way – Friday night, I think – I realized that God would not let us down in our mutual seeking. Special thanks to Sister June Fitzgerald, OP and the Dominican sisters who staff the Dominican Retreat House for inviting me and taking care of every single detail. Their graciousness hospitality and desire to bless are obvious to all who enter the House. Click on this link if you’d like to explore the offerings of the Dominican Retreat House. http://www.dominicanretreat.org/ And, while you're at it...when was the last time you took a day or a weekend to refill the oil in your lamp?

Blessings and love to you all…
- Sister Vicki

http://www.sisterbloggers.blogspot.com/