Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm back...

...and I'm sick. Yup. I've managed to cook up a lovely little sinus infection. (I'm not contagious - just pathetic.) I did, however, manage to be faithful to my commitments this weekend. I spent Sunday at our annual "Family Picnic" at the monastery. Each year the sisters invite their family/friends to share a meal with us on the patio. Our families bring salads and wonderful desserts. We provide hot dogs and hamburgers, tea and lemonade. (GOD bless Greg Evans, Obl. SB, who grilled three cases of meat in the late summer sun!) We ate every morsel. And, I got to "table-hop." Three of the women in our Live-In Program invited family to the picnic. I was able to spend spend some time with each family over the course of several hours.

This morning, despite feeling like Peter's mother-in-law, I made it to the Church of the Epiphany for a short talk on the Beattitudes. The WINGS program is active in several parishes in our diocese. It's a faith-sharing community of women within the larger church. They meet once a week for prayer, some imput and some heart-to-heart conversation. I was overwhelmed by the number of participants this morning and delighted in the din of their laughter and conversation beforehand. Their kind attention was a blessing for me. I am certain that these women know the LORD. I know "holy" when I see it. I am grateful to the WINGS women. I may be a bit under the weather and croaking light a toad, but thanks to them, my soul feels like singing!

Blessings and love to you all...
- Sister Vicki