Monday, March 2, 2009

More snow...(smiling)

We’re snowed in. Yup. No school in Richmond today. We’ve got eleven inches! It’s so beautiful…pure white, dry powder. (It’s too dry to make a snow-nun, but a dream to shovel. I took two ©Tylenol before I helped to dig Sister Charlotte out this morning.) I wish I could show it to you, but I can’t download the photos until I get back to the office. Trust me. GOD’s capacity to delight us knows no bounds.

My work at Christendom College went well. I made it back to the monastery for Sunday Eucharist. It had already snowed in the Blue Ridge. It took me nearly 30 minutes to travel down our mountain to the main road - lots of Hail Mary’s and low gear all the way.

Christendom is a fine school. The young men and women there really love the Lord. This was my third visit in the last five years. A new library graces the campus. It is beautiful in a medieval sort of way and fully functional in terms of 21st century technology. (Our Sister Connie Ruth can’t wait to get at the patristic collection!) I am grateful for having been invited to participate in the discernment weekend - glad to have met so many wonderful young people.

Blessings and love to you all...
Sister Vicki