Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9th - Sister Goes to the Hospital

I'm still sick. In fact, I think it's bigger than a sinus infection so I decided to ask to see a doctor. The sisters were very kind in setting up an appointment at Salvator Mundi - an international hospital in Rome that has several English speaking doctors on staff. The doctor was very gentle and kind. She gave me a throat culture suspecting infection and sent me off with 3 prescriptions. (The medical adventure cost a total of E180, so I'm feeling like Sister Mary Money-Pit right now!) The test won't be done until Monday, but she started me on an antibiotic & anti-inflammatory thinking we should get the jump on it. I couldn't agree more. This morning in class, I wanted to put my head down on the desk and cry. I've learned that whenever I want my Mommy, I'm really sick. I just took two 2 BIG pills and made myself drink this powdered version of ibuprofen (600 mg.) It wasn't the "ALKA SELTZER" from hell that I anticipated. Kind of lemony... I am signing off and going to bed. Love to you all... - Sister Vicki